Regular brake checks are an important part of any vehicle preventative maintenance plan. Brake checks can identify a problem before it begins to impact on your braking efficiency, thus providing an opportunity to restore the effectiveness of your vehicle’s braking system to its intended operating performance. At Walker Autos MK we know how important the regular inspection and maintenance of your brakes can be to ensure your brakes continue to work effectively. Our technicians are fully trained and committed to maintaining your brakes in an expert and cost effective manner.
There are many warning signs which indicate your brakes may be failing:
- Brake pedal soft and dropping to the floor – possible brake fluid leak
- Vehicle pulling to one side when braking – hydraulic issue or sticking brake
- Brake judder, juddering when braking – potential warped discs
- Grinding noise – Brake pads wearing low
- Hard brake pedal – Brake servo issues
All clutches will inevitably wear away over the course of a vehicles life, the facings on the clutch plate simply deteriorate through prolonged use – its an unavoidable result of using your vehicle. As well as this the flywheel and pressure plate can wear and stop the clutch from functioning properly. It is also worth noting that oil contamination can begin to deteriorate even the most pristine clutches.
It can often be difficult to diagnose whether or not your clutch needs attention, but here are some common warning signs:
- Transition in the “biting” point of your clutch pedal
- Loss of drive
- Loss of power or reduced acceleration
- Stiff clutch pedal
- Difficulty in changing gears
- Grinding noises when changing gears
- Engine revving really high when trying to accelerate
Having a Cambelt snap can be a very costly repair bill. If you are unfortunate enough to have a Cambelt snap then you are more than liking going to need valve replacement and a complete engine head rebuild to fix.
The labour and material cost for such a job can potentially set you back hundreds and hundreds of pounds. This cost can be easily avoided by having your Cambelt changed every three years or 60,000 miles, which is far more cost and time effective.
These are just a few of the many repairs that we do at Walker Autos MK.
If your vehicle requires any form of repair not listed above then, feel free to contact us for an estimate.